Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fiberaction Challenge






I have joined a group of women from all over the country who are interested in fiber arts.  The creations this year are based on the color wheel.  We have two months to complete a piece.  For this first challege we were asked to use a color we normally don't use.  After looking at my newly organized stash, I noticed that I have very little orange so I decided that would be my challenge color.  I added aqua greens and purples after looking at the triadic partners on the color wheel. The fabric pile sat on my sewing room floor for days until poppies popped into my mind.






I embelished with swarovski crystals, beads, a black fuzzy yarn.





I felt the black window that the poppies were popping out of made the piece unbalanced so I added the Chinese symbols for poppies in the lower left side which represent rest, beauty, and success.

No comments:

Post a Comment